Home Blog Stories About JOIN WAITLIST Login

What are The Rules for Starting a Kids Club in Your Country?


If you’re considering signing up for membership, one of the first questions you may have is what the rules are for setting up a kids’ club in your country.

The good news is that your business is considered an activity club, rather than a business providing any sort of childcare. This means that in most countries you would be exempt from the rules pertaining to setting up a business that cares for children.

United Kingdom

In the UK for instance, clubs which provide childcare before and after the school day, and during school holidays, need to be registered with Ofsted. However, clubs which provide tuition or activities such as sport or crafting are exempt from registering with Ofsted.

United States

In many parts of the US, similar rules apply. For instance, in North Carolina, where childcare is provided to two or more children for four hours a day or more, the business needs to be licensed as a childcare facility. Clubs which provide tuition or coaching around a particular activity such as sport or crafting do not need to be licensed. The rules are similar in most states in the USA.


In Australia, most long day care, family day care and outside school hours care services are regulated under the NQF. However, as an activity club, rather than day care, you should be exempt from the regulations of the NQF.

In a nutshell, because the Creative Crafting Club is essentially an activity club, it will not fall under the strict rules and regulations set by most governments around after-school care, day care centres and creches. This means you can set up your business very quickly and easily, without having to wade through red tape, and without having to be registered with authorities or have specific qualifications.

Of course, it is vital that you do your own due diligence in your country or state to ensure you are fulfilling all the requirements of starting a home business.


In some countries public liability insurance may be needed if you host classes at your own home or private venue. Churches and schools usually have public liability insurance in place, so if you host classes there you should be covered. Ask your insurance broker for advice on public liability and other insurance needed.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.


Join the waitlist to be notified when enrolment opens and get your FREE Information Pack